At US Pain & Spine, a pain management center, we strive to help you feel better each day! We take pride in caring for each patient as if they were members of our own family. Here is a brief overview of some of the treatments offered by our Medical Associates, PLLC physicians, and back pain doctors. Ask your pain management center doctor or care team which individualized approach will be best for your type of pain.
Conditions We Treat:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Arm & shoulder pain
- Hand/wrist pain
- Headaches (tension, migraines, cluster)
- Knee pain
- Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Herniated & bulging discs
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Post-surgery pain syndrome
- Spinal pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Pediatric pain syndrome
- Cancer treatment pain
- Sciatic & pelvic pain
- Interstitial cystitis pain syndrome
- Phantom limb pain
- Conservative medication management for complex conditions
- Peripheral injection therapy
- Joint injections using viscosupplements
- Epidural, fact and other spinal nerve blocks
- Diagnostic procedures, including discography
- Vetebroplasty & kyphoplasty
- Disc compression therapy
- Neurostimulation, including implants
- Spinal fusions
- Pump implantation and maintenance
- Cervical epidural steroid injections
- Cervical medial branch blocks
- Cervical radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar medial branch blocks
- Lumbar radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Botox injections for migraine headache and cervical dystonia
- Botox injections for focal dystonia, spasticity (post-stroke), traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS) and electromyography (EMG)
- Thoracic epidural steroid injections
- Thoracic medial branch blocks
- Intercostal nerve blocks
Many pain problems will improve with conservative care. At US Pain & Spine, our approach moves a patient from conservative care options to more advanced treatment options based on his or her response to treatment. Conservative care generally consists of some period of watchful waiting, with analgesic medications to allow the body to heal itself. Physical therapy (PT) is often used to help the patient learn to reuse an injured or surgically repaired body part. PT can also be used to break down scar tissue and help a patient to become more functional and able to return to activities previously not possible.
Pain medications come in many varieties and routes of administration. We have topical creams, gels, and patches, as well as oral medications. Often, a combination of pain medication can be individualized to improve pain control while minimizing side effects. Some categories of pain medications include non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, conservative use of opioids, and muscle relaxers. In some patients, a spinal infusion of medication may be necessary to obtain satisfactory pain control.
Injections / Nerve Blocks
Many types of chronic pain conditions are aided by injection therapy to decrease local inflammation or allow physical therapy to achieve progress. At times, it can also help break down scar tissue to allow for healing to progress.
Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
At times, an RFA procedure may aid a long-term nerve block of a painful area in the body. For example, the spinal facet joints can become painfully arthritic in some patients. An RFA procedure can decrease this pain for several months, allowing physical therapy to progress and help make the patient stronger and less reliant on pain medication, thereby improving their quality of life.
Spinal stimulators and pain pumps are two implantable devices available at Houston pain centers to help control severe pain that does not respond to conservative care processes.
Many types of minimally invasive spinal procedures can be used to help control pain syndromes, including percutaneous lysis of adhesions, percutaneous disc decompression, and percutaneous vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty procedures.
If you live in Houston, feel rest assured there is a US Pain & Spine pain management center near you offering top-of-the-line care. Whether you need carefully guided conservative care or minimally invasive procedures, have confidence our dedicated physicians and staff will offer expert care every step of the way. Stop living in pain and start living your life with US Pain & Spine.